Two-year home residency requirement, 212(e) is a law that requires some J-1s and J-2s to return to their home country for two years after the J-1’s program is completed.


How can I waive this requirement?

After confirming your eligibility, you can begin your waiver application. The first step is to complete Form DS-3035 and request the supporting documents from the third-party organizations that your waiver is based on such as “No Objection Statement” from your home country’s government. You will need to mail your application, all required and supporting documents to the Department of State, and pay the fees.


Please find all details on the U.S. Department of State Website by clicking here.